jueves, 8 de marzo de 2007

Mr. Darcy's pride and prejudice


"...Vanity and pride are different things, though

the words are often used synonymously. A person may be proud

without being vain. Pride relates more to our opinion of

ourselves, vanity to what we would have others think of us." (Pride and Prejudice - J. Austen)

@@@@@@


One of my favor
ite authors, Jane Austen, wrote some masterpieces that inspire other people´s work nowadays...and that allows us to enjoy views like these:

@@@@@@

"She is tolerable, but not handsome enough to tempt me; I am in no humour at present to give consequence to young ladies who are slighted by other men. You had better return to your partner and enjoy her smiles, for you are wasting your time with me."



>>><<<



"Yes," replied Darcy, who could contain
himself no longer, "but _that_ was only when I first saw her, for it is many months since I have considered her as one of the handsomest women of my acquaintance."






<**><**>

"I came to you without a doubt of my
reception. You showed me how
insufficient were all my pretensions to please a woman worthy of being pleased."


2 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

Esto es demasiado para my body!!!! no tengo palabras y las comparaciones, ahora lo sé, siempre son odiosas.
¿de dónde salió esta criatura?¿es angel o demonio?.... sólo espero que no sea asexuado ¡Oooh my God!sería un gran error de la Naturaleza. Por otro lado, la Madre Natu siempre ha sido un pelín caprichosilla....Bueno otro ídolo a quién adorar y sin poder tocarlo ¡qué desgracia!

Pumpkin71 dijo...

Bueno, la esperanza es lo último que se pierde...De momento tendrá que bastar con ver la peli una y otra vez...